Schools in District 112 have stood for excellence, innovation and grit for generations. One of our schools was named a National Blue Ribbon Schools Program in 2020 (Indian Trail Elementary) and another in 2021 (Braeside Elementary). The majority of our schools have been rated Exemplary by the State of Illinois. Our schools are a place where you can focus on the why in education and care for the whole child.
National Blue Ribbon School
5 Exemplary Schools
4 Commendable Schools
Dual Language Kindergarten Teacher Ashley Servin
Math Interventionist Valerie Kilen
Edgewood Associate Principal Arielle Gleicher
NSSD112 is in the midst of a process to bring a refreshed, viable, and consistent curriculum designed to educate all students in all schools. We have implemented new academic enrichment programs across the district and introduced new curricular resources in core language arts & mathematics. A few of our unique programs include our Spanish dual language program and our greenhouses.
Our Long-Range Facilities Plan builds on research and insights from engagement and planning efforts spanning nearly a decade by the highly involved, invested, and knowledgeable District 112 community. Phase I provides a foundation for making the greatest possible impact with existing resources while planning for modernization needs in our elementary schools, which will be addressed in Phase II, once Phase I is complete.
During Phase I, the district’s two middle schools have and will undergo significant upgrades to improve the learning environments for students and staff. The upgrades include:
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) enhancement for entire school
- Learning commons combining dining and Library Media Commons
- Learning stair area
- Enhanced performing arts spaces including music, band, and orchestra
- Modern classroom additions
- Increased natural light and other ‘light and bright’ changes throughout building
- Cafeteria remodel and addition
- Rebuilt multi-purpose room with retractable auditorium seating
- New gymnasium